SAFA (the acronym for Self Harm Awareness for all)
SAFA is committed to making a positive difference to the lives of individuals, in Cumbria, who self harm and to those who support them. Our primary goal is to empower individuals to take responsibility for their own lives and we do this through non-judgmental counselling and trusting support.
Why choose Safa?
SAFA is passionate about delivering the highest professional standard of services to its clients within the local community.
- The Team: Experienced counselling team, with a wealth of qualifications and expertise.
- Qualified: We are proud members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Counsellors: Experienced counselling team, with a wealth of qualifications and expertise.
- Training: SAFA deliver accredited training programs (ABC Awards through the Skills & Education Group).
- Awareness: Supporting the community in raising public awareness of Self Harm and Eating disorders.
- Partners: We work in partnership with Morecambe Bay CCG.
Timeline of memorable events
from Furness Eating Disorder Support Group Founder Ron Beardsworth.
Francis C Scott Charitable Trust
Director Chris Batten.
presented to Val Robinson,
SAFAs former Chair.
CEO Cindy Daltioni.
Conference, September 2016.
Anniversary - December 2016.
with the BID street
workshop, April 2018.
Invitation - May 2018.
and Well-being Conference in collaboration
with BAE Systems, October 2018.
Campaign Febuary 2019.
truly inspiring screen writer
and director Lois Grahmam, 2019.
By Lois Graham, April 2019.
for our charity work, 2019.
Furness Young Carers Event